Ansible is set to be the standard in the world of IT Infrastrcuture Management. It's a rare combination of simplicity meeting sophistication. Its core principle being simple is reflected in all its design choices such as agentless setup, small footprint, push model, YAML as a language to define infrastructure state etc. Its easy to setup, easy to write code with, easy to extend while writing custom modules. At the same time it offers everything a IT Systems, Networks or a Oprations/Devops person needs. It allows you to do all of following by replacing array of dedicated tools.
- Whether you want to manage systems at scale
- run ad-hoc tasks on a group of servers
- automate systems and application configurations,
- do change management,
- deploy applications in a orchestrated way
- provision cloud servers or manage network or storage devices
This course is been created to help you master Ansible one step at a time. It starts with the fundamental concepts related to Infrastructure as Code, what ansible is, what is Idempotence, what makes Ansible stand apart. Then it helps you relate ansible to your project by taking up a use case. Once you setup the environment with the codespaces tool, you start diving in to the simple and sophisticated world of ansible one concept at a time. As part of this course you would,
- Setup an inventory of group of servers and configure ansible to manage those
- Write playbook for base systems configuration
- Create roles for automating web server provisioning and configurations
- Use galaxy roles to setup a load balancer
- Customise roles using group_vars to define your database and application configuraions
- Secure database passwords with ansible vault
- Deploy applications in rolling manner with zero downtime
By the end of this course you would have mastered ansible and should be able to use it to automate servers, applications and understand all the primitives that ansible offers.
Hi, this is Gourav. Being passionate about linux and open source, I built a good foundation for my professional career while I was still at Engineering School. I started my career as a ops guy, being a systems admin and later as a operations engineer. I then went on to transform my career to be a Devops Consultant, Corporate Trainer, Devops Coach and a Public Speaker. I have helped more than 10k tech professionals from top companied of the world to transform their careers to be devops ready. I am a published author with one book and more than 18 courses published on many platforms including Udemy, Packt, Skillshare, Orielly's Safari Books Online and this site. I have more than 60k students online. I have been recently featured on edX with my course on Devops and SRE, published by Linux Foundation, the world leaders in open source.
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part I: Why Ansible ? (5:44)
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part II: Simplicity, YAML, Push Model, Custom Modules (5:41)
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part III: Batteries Included Approach (4:28)
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part IV: Infrastructure as a Code (6:10)
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part V: Code vs Data (4:38)
PreviewWhat is Ansible Part VI: idempotence and State Management (6:10)