Ansible is set to be the standard in the world of IT Infrastrcuture Management. It's a rare combination of simplicity meeting sophistication. Its core principle being simple is reflected in all its design choices such as agentless setup, small footprint, push model, YAML as a language to define infrastructure state etc. Its easy to setup, easy to write code with, easy to extend while writing custom modules. At the same time it offers everything a IT Systems, Networks or a Oprations/Devops person needs. It allows you to do all of following by replacing array of dedicated tools.
- Whether you want to manage systems at scale
- run ad-hoc tasks on a group of servers
- automate systems and application configurations,
- do change management,
- deploy applications in a orchestrated way
- provision cloud servers or manage network or storage devices
This course is been created to help you master Ansible one step at a time. It starts with the fundamental concepts related to Infrastructure as Code, what ansible is, what is Idempotence, what makes Ansible stand apart. Then it helps you relate ansible to your project by taking up a use case. Once you setup the environment with the codespaces tool, you start diving in to the simple and sophisticated world of ansible one concept at a time. As part of this course you would,
- Setup an inventory of group of servers and configure ansible to manage those
- Write playbook for base systems configuration
- Create roles for automating web server provisioning and configurations
- Use galaxy roles to setup a load balancer
- Customise roles using group_vars to define your database and application configuraions
- Secure database passwords with ansible vault
- Deploy applications in rolling manner with zero downtime
By the end of this course you would have mastered ansible and should be able to use it to automate servers, applications and understand all the primitives that ansible offers.
Being passionate about world of Open Source software, and later managing systems at scale, Gourav has transformed himself to be an expert Devops Enabler. Under School of Devops banner, He has trained more than 3000 IT professionals from leading tech firms including CISCO, Intuit, Visa, Walmart Labs, Dreamworks, Accenture, PWC, Cognizant, Capgemini, RBS, Wells Fargo, Oracle etc. making him a coveted devops trainer.
After heading IT Ops team for one of the successful silicon valley venture, he went on to launch Initcron Systems, a niche firm specialized in devops and cloud and School of Devops, a leading provider of devops education. He is the author of “Ansible Playbook Essentials” published by PACKT. Gourav evangelizes about Devops, Cloud and Automation Tools at various events, meetups and conferences. He has initiated Devops meetups in Pune, Singapore, Mumbai and Delhi and is an active member/speaker at Devops Bangalore.
StartWhat is Ansible Part I: Why Ansible ? (5:44)
StartWhat is Ansible Part II: Simplicity, YAML, Push Model, Custom Modules (5:41)
StartWhat is Ansible Part III: Batteries Included Approach (4:28)
StartWhat is Ansible Part IV: Infrastructure as a Code (6:10)
StartWhat is Ansible Part V: Code vs Data (4:38)
StartWhat is Ansible Part VI: idempotence and State Management (6:10)